Being a leading home care agency, we are experts when it comes to fall prevention. Here are some of our recommendations to reduce your risk:
- Consider assisted living services. With professional assistance, you can accomplish your daily living tasks with much ease. They can help make sure that you are safe every day.
- With your doctor’s consent, exercise regularly. Physical activity can help improve or maintain your strength, balance, and coordination, thus reducing your risk of falls.
- Add more lighting in your home. Sometimes the reason seniors fall is they don’t notice the tripping hazards as they walk. So, improving lighting can help them see better.
- In line with the tripping hazards, keep your home clean and organized. Remove clutter, especially on the floor, like candy wrappers, fruit peels, wires, spills, and others, as a safety precaution.
- Install handrails and grab bars for support, especially inside the bathroom and toilet. You should also add shower chairs, anti-slip rugs, and raised toilet seats.
Are you looking for a trusted provider of home care in Scottsdale, Arizona? Then you have come to the right place. Look no further than Heritage Home Care.
We provide a wide range of home care services, including post-hospitalization care, dementia care, hospice care, and many more. We aim to help our clients live their best life during their retirement years in the comforts of their homes.