When it comes to Alzheimer’s dementia care, there are a lot of questions you have to ask yourself.
First, does your loved one even need assisted living? How can you know if they are ready for it?
The signs of Alzheimer’s disease are often subtle at first, but they can become more and more pronounced as the disease progresses.
If you’re concerned about your loved one’s memory or if they’re struggling with day-to-day tasks, it may be time to consider a home care agency.
Here are some telltale signs that your aging parent or loved one may need memory care:
- Memory loss: A decline in short-term memory that interferes with daily life.
- Language problems: Difficulty finding words or repeating words in place of what they mean.
- Inability to perform simple tasks: The inability to pay bills, cook meals, bathe themselves, or dress without help.
- Problems with planning and organizing: Difficulty organizing tasks and activities; not knowing where things are kept; forgetting appointments and important dates in the past.
- Behavioral changes: Withdrawing from social activities; becoming socially withdrawn; losing interest in hobbies or other activities once enjoyed; behaving inappropriately because of disorientation.
If you need 24-Hour care in Arizona for an aging loved one, Heritage Home Care can help.
We know how important it is to find the right personal care in Scottsdale, Arizona for your aging loved one. That’s why we work with you to ensure they receive the best possible care.
If you have any questions about our services or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 480-418-4100 today!
Leave a Reply